Give a boozy kick to your St. Patrick’s Day shamrock shake with this festive milkshake recipe. This Boozy Shamrock Shake is a fun way to celebrate.
★ Order this and many other liquors from Saucey and have it delivered to your door! Plus get $5 OFF your first order + free delivery with code DRINK5)
The McDonald’s shamrock shake can’t hold a candle to this boozy shamrock shake. It’s the adult version of a classic that everyone loves. Using Crème de Menthe and Irish cream turns this creamy drinks into a fun and festive version.
We make these every year for our St. Patrick’s Day party. Everyone loves them because of the fun color and the fact that they aren’t just your typical shamrock shake.
Ingredients You Need
This recipe has just a few ingredients and it’s super easy to make. The only thing you probably will have to get is the Creme de Menthe, which you can use in other cocktails so it doesn’t go to waste after you’ve used only a few ounces.
- Vanilla ice cream – Use whatever brand you like. I go for Haagen Daaz because it’s nice and creamy.
- Milk – this helps thin out the milkshake a little bit so it’s not so thick. If you like it thick, just leave out the milk.
- Irish Cream – I use Bailey’s, but there are many other brands out there.
- Creme de Menthe – You won’t use very much of this, but it gives it the signature minty flavor. You can also use Creme de Menthe syrup that has no alcohol.
- Green food coloring – just a drop or two is enough. Put in as much as you like to turn it your preferred color of green.
- Whipped cream – Buy a can of whipped cream to easily spray it on top of the shake.
- Green sprinkles – Any assortment of green sprinkles or St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles will do.
There are a few things that will make this recipe easier to make.
- Blender or immersion blender – I use my immersion blender and make the shakes right in the measuring cup that came with it, since I don’t have a blender. You can also just toss everything into your blender.
- Jigger or measuring cup – I use the cocktail jigger to easily measure the alcohol.
- Milkshake glasses – Use a tall milkshake glass or Belgian beer glass for the most festive look.
How to Make a Boozy Shamrock Shake
- Mix the ice cream, milk, Irish cream, Creme de Menthe and food coloring in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and green sprinkles.
Can This Shamrock Shake be Non-Alcoholic?
Yes, you can make a non-alcoholic version of this shamrock shake just by leaving out the Irish cream and replacing the Crème de Menthe with non-alcoholic syrup. This will make it okay for the kiddos to drink, so you can make one for the whole family.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this post? We’d love for you to save it to your Pinterest board to share with others! FOLLOW US on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for more great recipes! If you made it, post a pic on Instagram and hashtag it #savoredsips
Give a boozy kick to your St. Patrick's Day shamrock shake with this festive milkshake recipe. This Boozy Shamrock Shake is a fun way to celebrate.
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 ounces Irish cream
- 2 ounces Crème de Menthe
- 1-2 drops green food coloring
- Whipped cream and green sprinkles, for garnish
- Mix the ice cream, milk, Irish cream, Crème de Menthe and food coloring in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream and green sprinkles.
Other Irish Drink Recipes To Try
- Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur
- Classic Irish Coffee
- Irish Whiskey Margarita aka Shamrock Margarita
- Super Tasty Guinness Milkshake
Click for Even More Irish Drink Recipes
I recommend the Ninja countertop blender. It’s a 1000-watt blender that can destroy ice with its 6 blades. It’s a professional grade blender for just around $80. Such a good investment, especially if you make a lot of frozen cocktails and smoothies.
Pin it for later!
Laura is the founder and editor of the travel blogs Savored Sips and Savored Journeys. She is dedicated to sharing the best information about drinks found around the world.