This frosty Pineapple Rum Slush cocktail is a warm-weather treat you’ll be serving all summer.
» Learn more about drinking and enjoying rum in this guide (p.s. there are cocktail recipes too!)
Sometimes you just need a blended drink – ice cubes just aren’t cold enough. Blending fresh pineapple with rum immediately invokes tropical paradise, even if you’re sipping on this at home instead of the beach.
I bought a fresh pineapple the other day because I wanted a change from our usual strawberries and oranges. As I smelled it ripening on the counter, I was getting excited for all the cocktails I could make with it.
It was an especially hot day, which is saying quite a lot for London in spring, but I felt that we needed a frozen drink. So I mixed up some of these delicious frozen Pineapple Rum Slush Cocktails. They really transported us to the beach (in our minds, at least).
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Fresh pineapple – Fresh pineapple is preferred but you could use canned pineapple if that is all you have.
- White rum – This cocktail uses white (or silver) rum, which is typically what you’ll use in a rum cocktail. However, you can mix things up and use a dark rum or a coconut rum instead, if you want.
- Agave syrup – This is an excellent drink sweetener. It is sweeter than sugar with a more neutral flavor than honey and slightly thinner in consistency.
- Vanilla extract
- Ice cubes – I prefer to use ice cubes because I never plan far enough in advance, but if you wanted to make this drink even more flavorful, you can freeze the pineapple and then omit the ice.
- Garnish – fresh pineapple slices.
How to Make Pineapple Rum Slush
These cocktails are made by blending fresh pineapple (or canned, if you must), with ice and rum, plus a splash of vanilla extract, in a blender. It takes about 2 minutes to blend it all up.
I recommend the Ninja countertop blender. It’s a 1000-watt blender that can destroy ice with its 6 blades. It’s a professional grade blender for just around $80. Such a good investment, especially if you make a lot of frozen cocktails and smoothies.
I prefer to use ice cubes because I never plan far enough in advance, but if you wanted to make this drink even more flavorful, you can freeze the pineapple and then omit the ice. You just have to double the amount of pineapple you use, if you want the same tall glass full.
What Rum to Use
This cocktail uses white (or silver) rum, which is typically what you’ll use in a rum cocktail. However, you can mix things up and use a dark rum or a coconut rum instead, if you want.
»Have you heard about Saucey? Order online and they’ll deliver your order with 2-hour or 2-day shipping in 20 major US cities. HUGE selection. No minimums and free delivery! Take $5 off your first order with code “SAS”!
Here are a few white or silver rums that we recommend for cocktails.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this post? We’d love for you to save it to your Pinterest board to share with others! FOLLOW US on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for more great recipes! If you made it, post a pic on Instagram and hashtag it #savoredsips
Pineapple Rum Slush is a fruity, tropical frozen drink for those hot summer days.
- 4 ounces fresh pineapple
- 4 ounces white rum
- 1.5 teaspoons agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 100 grams ice cubes (about a cup)
- Fresh pineapple, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until the ice is fully crushed.
- Pour into glasses.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple chunks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 7gSugar: 55gProtein: 3g
Other White Rum Cocktails To Try
Click for Even More White Rum Cocktails
Pin it for later!
Laura is the founder and editor of the travel blogs Savored Sips and Savored Journeys. She is dedicated to sharing the best information about drinks found around the world.