These Beef & Cheddar Sliders are indulgently cheesy, with a sweet and savory butter sauce poured over the top. They’re the perfect finger food for any party or get together.
Sliders are always a hit at the party. Everyone loves them and they fly off the shelf, so to speak. We often make ham & cheese sliders or Kentucky Hot Browns for cocktail parties, so these Beef & Cheddar Sliders are the perfect addition to the menu.
» Also try these appetizers to round out your party menu.
Ingredients You’ll Need
These sliders are pretty easy to make and you won’t have to get a lot of ingredients to make them. This recipe makes 1 batch, or 12 sliders. You might want to double the recipe, based on the number of people you’re feeding. Remember how I said they fly off the shelf?
- King’s Hawaiian Buns – you don’t have to get this brand, but they are absolutely perfect for this recipe because they have a bit of sweetness. You can also make your own Hawaiian rolls.
- Deli-sliced roast beef – thinner slices are best
- Medium cheddar cheese slices – Buying slices saves a lot of time. But you can obviously slice your own from a block of cheese. Medium cheese melts best.
- Sauce ingredients – Butter, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion flakes and poppy seeds.
You’re also going to need a 9×13″ baking dish, and a large bread knife so you can slice through the rolls.
How to Make Beef & Cheddar Sliders
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Get your 9×13″ baking pan ready. There’s no need to grease the pan.
Remove the rolls from the package. They come out in one big block. Turn it on its end and slice down the center with a bread knife, to split them in half.
Then pull apart each roll, so they’re individual. Leaving them together in a chunk sounds good at first, but then you’ll have to try to slice them after baking, which isn’t as easy.
Place the bottom of the rolls in the baking pan. Top with roast beef and cheddar slices, then place the tops on the rolls.
In a bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, mustard, onion flakes, poppy seeds and Worcestershire. As long as the butter is hot, it’ll be easy to pour it over the rolls without heating it up in a sauce pan. Make sure you cover the whole top with the sauce. It will pour down over the edges and make the buns a little crisp and buttery.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes more. The tops should be browned and crispy. The insides should be all melty and delicious.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to save it to your Pinterest board to share with others! FOLLOW US on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for more great recipes! If you made it, post a pic on Instagram and hashtag it #savoredsips
These Beef & Cheddar Sliders are indulgently cheesy, with a sweet and savory butter sauce poured over the top. They're the perfect finger food for any party or get together.
- 1 package Hawaiian slider rolls - 12 count
- 7 ounces sliced roast beef
- 6 slices medium cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut Hawaiin rolls in half and then separate each roll. Put the bottom half of the rolls into a 9 X 13 ungreased pan.
- Top with roast beef, cheddar cheese, and the top half of the rolls.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt 1/2 cup butter. Add brown sugar, dijon mustard, Worchestershire sauce, onion flakes and poppy seeds. Stir well.
- Pour or spoon sauce mixture over rolls so that every one gets covered well and the sauce runs down the sides.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more or until the tops are crispy and lightly browned.
Like this recipe? Pin it for later!
Laura is the founder and editor of the travel blogs Savored Sips and Savored Journeys. She is dedicated to sharing the best information about drinks found around the world.