These easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders are made with shredded chicken that’s mixed with bacon and Ranch Dressing, piled high on slider rolls with provolone cheese.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders are incredibly tasty. The combination of juicy chicken, crispy bacon, and tangy ranch sauce makes for a flavor explosion. I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t love that combo.
As someone who loves hosting parties and get-togethers with friends and family, I’m always on the lookout for delicious and easy-to-make recipes that make good finger food for parties. When it comes to sliders, I know they are always a huge hit.
These sliders are simple to prepare and require only a few basic ingredients. This recipe yields one batch or 12 sliders, but you can easily adjust the quantities depending on the size of your group. Consider doubling the recipe if you need to feed a larger number of people or if you want leftovers.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken Breast – This recipe uses chicken breast that we cook on the stovetop and shred. You can use any leftover chicken you have or get a rotisserie chicken to shred for the easiest method.
- Ranch Dressing – Use store-bought or make your own depending on your preferences.
- Bacon – Cooked and chopped.
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Provolone Cheese – Substitute any type of cheese you like if you don’t like provolone.
- King’s Hawaiian Buns – You don’t have to use this brand but they are perfect because they add a little sweetness. If you don’t want sweet buns, definitely get another brand. Sometimes these are a bit too sweet for my liking.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
Place the chicken breast, chicken stock and salt in a pot over medium heat. Simmer it until the chicken is cooked through. This takes about 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken. To cut down the time, you can slice larger pieces in half lengthwise. They will cook faster.
The internal temperature of the meat should get to 165° F to be done. I recommend checking it with a meat thermometer as it cooks so you don’t end up overdoing it. Chicken that is overcooked is always dry!
Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Once it’s cooled, you can shred it with two forks, or with your hands, into small pieces.
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken, the Ranch dressing, bacon pieces, salt, and pepper. Stir it all together to incorporate the dressing throughout. If it looks a bit dry, you can add more Ranch dressing to suit your tastes. It should be like a nice creamy chicken salad.
Place the bottom buns on a baking sheet or in a 9×13” pan. Scoop mounds of chicken on each bun. Just spread it all out evenly among the buns. Top each with cheese. Then lay on the tops of the buns.
Cover the whole tray with foil. This will keep the buns from getting too toasted or drying them out. They’re harder to eat when the tops are super crunchy. Bake the buns for 15 minutes. This is enough time for the cheese to melt inside.
Serve them right away while they’re still warm.
Additional Helpful Tips
- Consider adding some hot sauce, jalapeños, or other spices to the chicken mixture for a spicy kick.
- Double the recipe if you’re serving a large crowd or want leftovers for later.
- Use a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper to prevent the sliders from sticking and to make clean-up easier.
- Serve the sliders with your favorite sides, such as sweet potato fries, coleslaw, or a salad.
- If you don’t have provolone cheese, substitute it with another type of cheese that melts well, such as swiss, mozzarella or pepper jack.
- You can use pre-cooked and shredded chicken. Costco has a bag of shredded chicken from their rotisserie chickens that is super tasty and juicy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make these sliders in advance?
Yes, you can assemble the sliders ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Simply cover them with foil or plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out. They are so much better served warm, so I don’t recommend baking them in advance.
How long do these sliders keep in the refrigerator?
The sliders will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4-6 days if stored in an airtight container. You can reheat them quickly in the microwave or air fryer when you’re ready to serve again. They’re also just find cold and make great leftovers for lunch the next day.
Can I make these sliders without ranch dressing?
You don’t have to add the Ranch dressing if you don’t like it. You can use a different type of dressing, such as barbecue sauce or honey mustard, or you can just use mayonnaise, if you prefer. They will be a bit dry without any sauce, but you could also just butter the buns instead of using sauce.
Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken for this recipe. It will just take longer to cook it on the stove top so you can shred it. Instead of 15 minutes, it will likely take more like 22 minutes to cook to 165° F. Always test the internal temperature of the meat to ensure it’s cooked through.
Can I make these sliders spicy?
You can add cayenne pepper, chili powder, red pepper flakes or hot sauce to the shredded chicken for a spicy flavor. I am really obsessed with Momofuku Chili Crunch right now. That’s the perfect spread to add to these buns to make them spicy with a little extra crunch.
Other Slider Recipes to Try
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this post? We’d love for you to save it to your Pinterest board to share with others! FOLLOW US on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for more great recipes! If you made it, post a pic on Instagram and hashtag it #savoredsips
These easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders are made with shredded chicken that's mixed with bacon and Ranch Dressing, piled high on slider rolls with provolone cheese.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 12 Hawaiian rolls, cut in half
- Place the chicken breast, chicken stock, and salt in a pot over medium heat. Simmer until chicken is cooked through to 165° F, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Once cooled, shred the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl, combine shredded chicken, Ranch dressing, bacon pieces, salt, and pepper. Stir to incorporate.
- Place the bottom buns on a baking sheet or in a 9x13” pan. Scoop mounds of chicken on each bun. Top with cheese. Lay on the tops of the buns.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
You can use pre-cooked and shredded chicken.
Substitute any type of cheese you like.
Save this recipe for later!
Laura is the founder and editor of the travel blogs Savored Sips and Savored Journeys. She is dedicated to sharing the best information about drinks found around the world.