This cheesy dip packs in all the flavors of a pizza – tomato, mozzarella, pepperoni – in a gooey, stringy masterpiece that no one can resist.
One of the best and most irresistible dips you can make for any occasion is this delicious baked pizza dip. When you set this on the table it will almost immediately be gone. At least that’s always been my experience.
You can smell it baking and as the heavenly pizza aroma starts to fill the house, all the hungry people start to congregate around the oven waiting for it. This is one of those dips you need in your life.
It’s a great appetizer to serve for game days or as a beer pairing. It can also be paired with a full-bodied red wine for a warm and satisfying afternoon get together.
How to Make Baked Pizza Dip
This is a super simple recipe that takes just a few minutes to mix up, and then a few more minutes to bake.
Before you preheat the oven, be sure to move the oven rack to be about 5 inches from the broiler heating element. If the rack is too high or low, the cheese won’t cook evenly and can either become too greasy, or burn on top.
Now you can turn on the broiler.
In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. These are the usual pizza suspects:
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Garlic powder
- Salt (you may not need the salt, but I love a sprinkle of salt)
Pour the mixture evenly into a large cast-iron skillet or baking dish. An 8×8″ or 9″x13″ baking dish works well. You’ll want to use a dish that you can serve from, because moving the dip to another serving container is not ideal.
Place the skillet under the broiler for about 6 minutes. After a few minutes, the cheese will become bubbly and starts to brown. That’s when you know it’s done!
Serve the dip immediately, as the cheese will start to harden as it cools. I like to serve it with sliced baguette or chips. But you can serve it with veggie sticks too, if you want. There are no rules with pizza dip!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #savoredsips – We love seeing your creations on Instagram!
This irresistibly good baked pizza dip is gooey and decadent straight out of the oven. It'll be gone before you've had a chance to set it on the table.
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 4 oz pepperoni, chopped
- 3 oz cream cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- Move the oven rack to be about 5 inches from the broiler heating element. Turn on the broiler.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
- Pour evenly into a large cast-iron skillet or baking dish.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for about 6 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and starts to brown.
- Serve immediately with the sliced baguette.
- You can substitute canned crushed tomatoes (drained) for the pizza sauce or use fresh tomatoes, if you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 1170mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g
Like this post? Save it for later!