This spicy and flavorful Ginger Beer Mocktail is made with ginger beer, lemon juice, and lemonade, mimicking a Moscow Mule but without the alcohol. It’s a light and refreshing mocktail to enjoy.
This refreshing Ginger Beer Mocktail is bubbly, light, and tastes great! It’s the perfect alcohol-free drink for any occasion, whether you’re doing Dry January or just want to sip some mocktails. For more mocktail recipes check out these 24 delicious mocktail recipes to try.
This mocktail only takes 5 minutes to make so you won’t have to worry about a time consuming process. You can also save time by preparing ingredients ahead of time like squeezing the lemons and making fresh lemonade, in case you want to mix up a larger batch for a party.
What is a Mocktail?
A mocktail is a non-alcoholic drink that is intended to be similar to creative cocktail recipes but without the booze. Bartenders will include all of the ingredients from the original recipe but replace the alcohol with something else, like sparkling water or a non-alcoholic version.
Mocktails are excellent if you are avoiding alcohol or do not drink it. In case some of your guests do not drink, providing a non-alcoholic version at your next party is also a fantastic idea.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Lemonade – You can use any brand of your choice. You can even use a sugar-free version to cut the calories and carbs.
- Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed lemon juice can’t be beat here. It makes a world of difference for the taste.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Yes, this is the secret ingredient!
- Ginger Beer – Ginger beer made from ginger root has the greatest ginger flavor. To avoid “ginger-flavored” beer or soda, read the back of the label to be sure what you’re getting. I also avoid sugar-free versions because they’re often made with terrible-tasting stevia.
- Lemon Wedge – For garnish.
- Ice – Ice is a must in cocktails and mocktails.
How to Make a Ginger Beer Mocktail
This is an easy one. Don’t blink or you’ll miss it.
Mix the lemonade, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar into a glass filled with ice. Pour the ginger beer over the top and garnish with a lemon wedge.
You can serve this mocktail in a Moscow Mule glass for added appeal. Put in a sprig of mint for a pop of color.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If it tastes too strong, feel free to add extra lemonade.
- If you want to make it ahead of time, add all the ingredients apart from the Ginger Beer as it is carbonated and you don’t want it to go flat.
- If you are making this for children, add less Ginger Beer and more lemonade to reduce how spicy it is if necessary.
- If you changed your mind and want to add some alcohol, you can make it a cocktail by adding a shot of your favorite liquor, such as vodka or rum, or using an alcoholic ginger beer.
- Use the same glasses as you would for a cocktail to make the presentation look great.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this drink healthy?
It is healthier than some other carbonated beverages. It’s also a popular way to get more ginger into your diet. Ginger is loaded with antioxidants! Ginger beer contains ginger root, which can help relieve nausea and calm an upset stomach.
Can I add an herb garnish?
Mint and rosemary are both great garnishes for this drink!
Is ginger beer alcoholic?
Not necessarily. Ginger “beer” might sound like it’s alcohol, but it can be made similarly to root beer without any alcoholic fermentation. Do check the can before purchasing though to be sure, as some brands do contain a small amount of alcohol.
Ginger beer is also great on its own. It’s sparkly and sweet and a bit spicy.
Can children have this drink?
Children can drink non-alcoholic ginger beer or ginger ale because it doesn’t contain alcohol. It is a wonderful beverage for people of all ages! It can be a little spicy, so use less ginger beer in the drink if necessary.
What does ginger beer taste like?
Ginger beer tastes mildly spicy and citrusy. It is created using fresh ginger root, water, and sugar, giving it a mild sweetness and spiciness. It’s more robust and flavorful than ginger ale. I always recommend using a good ginger beer in your mocktail rather than a ginger ale.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this post? We’d love for you to save it to your Pinterest board to share with others! FOLLOW US on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for more great recipes! If you made it, post a pic on Instagram and hashtag it #savoredsips
This spicy and flavorful Ginger Beer Mocktail is made with ginger beer, lemon juice, and lemonade, mimicking a Moscow Mule but without the alcohol. It's a light and refreshing mocktail to enjoy.
- 2 ounces lemonade
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Pour the lemonade, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar into a glass filled with ice. Pour the ginger beer over the top.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge.
If the apple cider vinegar is not appealing, feel free to skip it. But it does add a lot of flavor and zing.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Laura is the founder and editor of the travel blogs Savored Sips and Savored Journeys. She is dedicated to sharing the best information about drinks found around the world.