We’ve really been enjoying this new dalgona whipped coffee craze. We’ve had it over hot coffee and milk, as an iced coffee topping, and we’ve even put it on ice cream. What else is there? A COCKTAIL!
We’ve just invented a brand new cocktail! Seriously. You have to try it. And when you pass the recipe along to your friends brag a little that you found it here first.
It’s not often that you get to make up a new cocktail that’s never been done before. But we’ve pulled it off this time.
»Have you heard about Saucey? Order online and they’ll deliver your order with 2-hour or 2-day shipping in 20 major US cities. HUGE selection. No minimums and free delivery! Take $5 off your first order with code “SAS”!
If you love coffee, but want to try something new, this dalgona coffee cocktail is a super fun coffee-flavored cocktail. It takes just three ingredients to make the dalgona whipped topping, and three more ingredients to make the cocktail:
- Instant coffee grounds
As long as we’re trying dalgona variations, you should also try this Dalgona Strawberry Matcha Latte that uses matcha powder to make the whipped topping.
How to Make Whipped Coffee Topping
There are a couple of ways you can prepare this whipped topping.
- By hand whisking – takes about a 6-minute forearm workout to get this done. It’s such a small amount that you might opt for this method.
- Handheld blender – I don’t have the whisk attachment for my handheld blender [there’s a link for this], but I was able to put the ingredients in the chopper attachment and blend it up that way. It didn’t get as fluffy in the attachment, but a few minutes of hand whisking after got it there.
- By hand mixer – this is probably the easiest method. It takes about 3-5 minutes to whip it up.
How to Make a Dalgona Coffee Cocktail
To make the cocktail, you just need to mix vodka, Kahlua and cream with ice in a cocktail shaker.
Pour the cold cocktail into a coupe glass.
Using a spatula, carefully add some whipped topping to the cocktail and enjoy.
Other cocktail to try:
- Hot Buttered Rum Cocktail
- Blackberry Dark & Stormy Cocktail
- Raspberry Gin Fizz
- Decadent Godiva Chocolate Martini
If you love coffee, but want to try something new, this Dalgona coffee cocktail is a super fun coffee-flavored cocktail.
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Kahlúa
- 1/2 oz heavy cream
- Add the vodka, Kahlúa, and cream to cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until cold. Pour into a coupe glass.
- Add the instant coffee, sugar and water to a bowl and whisk by hand or whip with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Use a small spatula to add the whipped topping gently on top of the cocktail in the glass.
- This recipe makes 1 cocktail, but you can easily double the recipe or make as much as you’d like.
- The whipped topping can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 0g