If you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing appetizer or snack, this delicious corn dip with cream cheese recipe is the one. Made with cream cheese, green chilies, sweetcorn, and Mexican cheese.
» You might also like this Baked Green Chili Dip.
Corn dip with cream cheese is a versatile and delicious appetizer that is perfect for any occasion. It’s a crowd-pleaser that is quick and easy to make, and it’s sure to be a hit with your guests.
One of the reasons why you should make this corn dip with cream cheese is that it’s a simple yet flavorful recipe that requires only a few basic ingredients. The creamy texture of the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise blend perfectly with the sweet corn and slightly spicy green chiles. We also love this bacon, jalapeno, and corn salad for this very reason.
In addition to being a tasty and easy-to-make appetizer, this corn dip with cream cheese is also a great way to use up leftover ingredients. Canned corn and green chiles are pantry staples that many people already have on hand, and cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise are common ingredients in a variety of recipes.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Whole Kernel Sweetcorn – Look for this type of canned corn, if possible.
- Cream Cheese – You’ll need a softened cream cheese block. Let it aside to soften for about 10-15 minutes before mixing the dip to make it easier to combine together.
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Lime – Try and use fresh lime juice if you can.
- Diced Green Chillis – I use canned green chilis. Use mild to hot to suit your taste preferences.
- Green & Red Peppers – Make sure to dice them evenly.
- Mexican Cheese Blend – I use a blend of shredded Mexican cheeses. You can use any cheeses that you like, Oaxacan, Queso Fresco, Monterrey Jack, or even Mozzarella if you can’t find Mexican cheeses.
How to Make Corn Dip With Cream Cheese
In a bowl, mix together the first 8 ingredients. Stir it together until it’s smooth. If the cream cheese was sufficiently softened, it will be pretty easy to mix. If not, you’ll have a harder time of it.
Add in the green chilis, peppers, cheese, and corn. Stir and mix it well.
Serve the dip cold with crackers, on slices of baguette, or veggies for scooping.
Additional Helpful Tips
- You can get canned green chilies. This is beneficial since it removes the need to clean and cut the chilies. Do whatever method works best for you.
- Stir ingredients thoroughly to ensure even flavor distribution. This is especially important if your cream cheese was not already warmed, as it is difficult to stir in.
- Drain canned corn and green chiles well to prevent the dip from becoming watery.
- Use full-fat cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise for a richer and creamier dip.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I store this dip?
To store this corn dip with cream cheese, transfer any leftovers to an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. It’s best to store the dip in a shallow container with a tight-fitting lid, as this will help to prevent air from getting in and drying out the dip. You can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you have leftover dip that you’re unable to finish within 3 days, you can also freeze it for longer storage. To freeze, transfer the dip to a freezer-safe container and seal it tightly. It will keep well in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Can I use frozen corn instead of fresh or canned corn?
Yes, frozen corn can be used in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain it well before using.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Yes! You can prepare the dip up to a day in advance just make sure to cover and refrigerate it.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this post? We’d love for you to save it to your Pinterest board to share with others! FOLLOW US on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for more great recipes! If you made it, post a pic on Instagram and hashtag it #savoredsips
Corn Dip With Cream Cheese
If you're looking for a crowd-pleasing appetizer or snack, this delicious corn dip with cream cheese recipe is the one. Made with cream cheese, green chilies, sweetcorn, and Mexican cheese.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons green and red bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 15 ounce can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- In a bowl, mix together the first 8 ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- Add in the green chilis, peppers, cheese, and corn. Stir to mix well.
- Serve cold with crackers, baguette, or veggies.
Like it? Pin it!
Laura is the founder and editor of the travel blogs Savored Sips and Savored Journeys. She is dedicated to sharing the best information about drinks found around the world.