This homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte is made with real pumpkin puree, rich espresso coffee, and delicious pie spice.
» You might also like to try this Creme Brulee Latte or a Pumpkin Spice Martini.
Whether you don’t want to wait until the official release of pumpkin spice at Starbucks every year, or you’re looking to cut down on the number of expensive coffee drinks you buy, this recipe will make your day.
The best part is that it uses real pumpkin puree for a genuine flavor that not even Starbucks can match. They only use artificial pumpkin flavor.
Ever since Starbucks invented this latte many years ago, it’s been growing in popularity and no one can seem to wait until late September when they bring it out again.
It’s a really good coffee, but it’s also a way for us to usher in fall, which is one of my favorite seasons.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Espresso – This recipe uses 2 shots of espresso or you could use 1/4 cup of strong coffee.
- Milk – You can use any milk or milk substitute you like. We used 2% milk.
- Pumpkin puree – You can buy pumpkin puree at the grocery store or you can cook down a pumpkin and make your own. Try this recipe for cooking a whole pumpkin.
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice – You can buy it pre-mixed in the grocery store or you can make your own by mixing cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and ginger. Try this recipe.
- Whipped cream – Optional garnish.
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte
The perfect latte starts with a good espresso. For a large latte, make 2 shots of espresso. You can use really strongly brewed black coffee, if you must, but this drink really needs the strong espresso.
In a pot on the stovetop, mix the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice. Heat it until bubbles form, but do not boil. Add the espresso. Pour it all into your mug.
If you want to make this a decadent treat, you can top the drink with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, like Starbucks does. I usually skip that step, because the whip cream isn’t necessary to me, but it’s up to you!
Add as much pumpkin pie spice as you like. This is what really gives the drink a boost of fall flavor and aroma.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this post? We’d love for you to save it to your Pinterest board to share with others! FOLLOW US on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for more great recipes! If you made it, post a pic on Instagram and hashtag it #savoredsips
Pumpkin Spice Latte
This Pumpkin Spice Latte can be made at home, with real pumpkin puree and it's delicious.
- 2 shots of espresso (or 1/4 cup strong coffee)
- 1 cup 2% milk (or milk alternative)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, additional for garnish
- whipped cream, optional for serving
- Make the espresso.
- Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice in a pot and heat over medium heat until steaming, about 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Pour into mug. Top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
Pin it for later!
Laura is the founder and editor of the travel blogs Savored Sips and Savored Journeys. She is dedicated to sharing the best information about drinks found around the world.
10 thoughts on “Pumpkin Spice Latte”
I’m so excited to try your recipe this afternoon! I might be the only one that’s never had a pumpkin spice latter before 🙈 but the weather in Kentucky is calling for a pumpkin drink.
Hi Lizet, I hope you like it. It is definitely starting to feel like fall!
I loved that this was made with real pumpkin! Made it with oat milk and it was perfect.
Hi Kelli, glad you liked it. Oat milk is a great alternative. 🙂
What a cozy drink for a chilly fall morning! Can’t wait to try this recipe soon. 🙂
Pumpkin spice lattes are the best, and i would drink them all year long. And now I can! 😊
Anything that has pumpkin spice in it is delicious in my book. This was such a yummy treat.
I love this and could literally drink it every day. So warming and comforting in this cold weather. Thanks for a delicious part of my day!
I have never tried making pumpkin spice latte at home. Love the drink from Starbucks but your version with real pumpkin puree sounds way better than the one with artificial flavor. Thank you for the recipe!
Yum! This pumpkin spice latte is better than a coffee shop! It is so comforting and delicious. I will be enjoying another one tomorrow!