This refreshing watermelon vodka lemonade is super quick and easy to prepare and makes a delicious summer drink.
>> You might enjoy this Delicious Watermelon Margaritas.
This recipe combines 2 iconic summer treats, lemonade and watermelon, that perfectly balance each other. The tartness from the lemon and the sweetness from the watermelon come together for a refreshing summer drink. Perfect for a backyard BBQ or picnic.
Directions for a mint-infused simple syrup are included. The watermelon adds a lot of sweetness, however, so you may not wish to sweeten it further. It really depends on how sweet you want the final results to be.
If you are serving this recipe outside on a warm day, make extra so you can freeze some into ice cubes or an ice ring (if serving in a punch bowl). Using ice cubes made of the beverage you are serving rather than plain water will prevent watered-down drinks as the day or evening progresses.
»Have you heard about Saucey? Order online and they’ll deliver your order with 2-hour or 2-day shipping in 20 major US cities. HUGE selection. No minimums and free delivery! Take $5 off your first order with code “SAS”!
The great thing about this cocktail is that it’s lemonade first and cocktail second. If you want to make a watermelon lemonade that the whole family can enjoy, just leave out the vodka.
The amount of water you need to add will vary depending on how juicy the watermelon is and how strong you want the flavor to be.
>> We love these Margarita Watermelon Appetizers. They are the perfect combination of appetizer and cocktail!
Give these other recipes a try
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to save it to your Pinterest board to share with others! FOLLOW US on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for more great recipes! If you made it, post a pic on Instagram and hashtag it #savoredsips
This refreshing watermelon vodka lemonade is super quick and easy to prepare. This is one of those recipes you’ll want to tinker around with to find the right flavor combination for your tastes.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves, stems removed and crushed
- 6 cups fresh watermelon, rinds removed and cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (6-8 medium lemons)
- 1/2 cup citrus-flavored vodka
- 1/4 cup cold water, (plus more, if needed)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, tightly packed with stems removed
- To make the simple syrup, add the sugar, water and crushed mint leaves to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and discard mint leaves. Cool completely before using.
- Add watermelon chunks, lemon juice and ½ cup cold water to a blender and blend until liquefied. Pour through a fine mesh strainer. Sweeten with mint-infused simple syrup.
- Bruise ½ c. fresh mint leaves with fingers to release oils and add to the bottom of a large glass pitcher or jar. If serving immediately, add ice cubes to the container and pour in the watermelon mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g
Pin it for later
When not mixing up delicious cocktails to enjoy on the patio with friends, Angela is busy writing about food and drinks for three popular food websites, and exchanging creative ideas on social media.