Iced Chai Tea Lattes are a great way to transition your favorite hot chai tea latte into a cool summer drink. Packed with spices and sweetened to perfection, this drink will bring back memories of fall.
Chai tea can seem intimidating if you haven’t made it before. There’s all these spices, and tea steeping and so many steps! It’s truly not that hard. And you can make it easier on yourself by buying chai tea bags, instead of steeping the tea with whole spices.
Another thing that I love about iced chai tea lattes are that they’re a great substitute for coffee. If you’re not a coffee lover, you can skip the iced frappe and go for an iced chai tea latte instead. Tea has less caffeine than coffee, as well, so it’s a good way to cut back on caffeine while still enjoying a delicious iced drink.
How to Make Iced Chai Tea Lattes
Bring the water to a boil in a small pot, and once it’s boiling take it off the heat and add the tea bags. Steep the tea for 4 minutes before removing and discarding the tea bags. You can steep it for longer if you want a stronger tea flavor, so more like 7-9 minutes.
Add the sugar into the pot with the tea and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour the tea into a mug and allow the tea to cool for about 20 minutes.
Put ice in a glass and add in the milk. Pour the cooled chai tea over the milk and stir to combine.
Tips For Making Iced Chai Tea Lattes
- Our favorite brand for chai tea bags is Tazo organic chai. Their chai tea bags are the perfect amount of spicy and warm. They’re a great choice for this recipe!
- The higher the percentage of the milk you’re using, the more creamy your iced chai tea latte will be. If you don’t want to use regular milk, you can also substitute almond milk. Almond milk will give it a slightly creamier texture and a bit of nutty flavor.
- You can also modify this recipe depending on the level of sweetness you like your chai to be. To make it sweeter, add two or so more teaspoons of sugar. If you like things less sweet, leave a couple teaspoons out. This recipe is super flexible, and is nice for someone who doesn’t always feel like a super sweet drink.
Add-ins For Iced Chai Tea Latte
There’s plenty of add-ins for iced chai tea lattes. You can add vanilla for an extra depth of flavor. If you’re looking for a more unique blend of spices you can make your own chai by steeping tea with whole spices like cinnamon, clove, and cardamom.
Try honey, or agave nectar as a natural sweetener. There are lots of different types of honey to try, find your favorite and add it into your drink. Or if you prefer not, you can use a sugar substitute like Swerve or Erythritol to sweeten you drink.
Other Iced Tea Flavors to Try
You can never have enough iced tea recipes for summer. If you love this iced tea, you should definitely try a few of our others. We drink a lot of iced tea in the summer, especially with fresh seasonal fruit.
- Strawberry Iced Tea
- Strawberry Green Tea Lemonade
- Peach Iced Tea
- Blackberry Iced Tea
- Green Iced Tea with Lemon
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to save it to your Pinterest board to share with others! FOLLOW US on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for more great recipes! If you made it, post a pic on Instagram and hashtag it #savoredsips
Iced Chai Tea Lattes are a great way to transition warm, spicy chai into a cool summer drink. Packed with spices and sweetened to perfection, this drink will bring back memories of fall.
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 chai tea bags
- 4 tsp granulated sugar (16g)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup milk (higher the percentage, the creamier it will be)
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot, turn off the heat and add the tea bags. Steep the tea for 4 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags.
- Add the sugar to the pot and stir until dissolved. Pour the tea into a mug to allow the tea to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Add ice to a glass. Pour in the milk.
- Pour cool chai tea over the milk and stir to combine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g