This fruity and refreshing beverage isn’t overly sweet thanks to the natural tartness of the cherries and fresh lime juice.
A touch of honey adds just the right amount of sweetness to balance out the more tart flavors, while fresh mint adds a bright note to bring it all together.
Growing up my house was surrounded by cherry orchards. When the road side stands started selling cherries for the season we couldn’t get there fast enough.
There is nothing like that first bite! Sweet and tart all in one bite. This cocktail reminds me of that. It’s a fruit you don’t often think of using in a cocktail, but it’s super tasty.
The cherries pair well with mint and lime. We added some of our favorite gin and topped it with a bit of club soda to add the fizz.
If you like this Gin Fizz, try our Raspberry Gin Fizz, which is just as addictive.
This cocktail is so tasty that one never seems like enough. We often make this cocktail in a large batch to serve on game nights when friends come over. It’s a huge hit.
»Have you heard about Saucey? Order online and they’ll deliver your order with 2-hour or 2-day shipping in 20 major US cities. HUGE selection. No minimums and free delivery! Take $5 off your first order with code “SAS”!
Here are a few of our favorite gins that you can purchase through Saucey or get at your local liquor store. These can be found just about anywhere in the U.S. and they run about $25 for a 750ml.Exclusive Offer: Take $5 off your first order + free delivery with code SAS at Saucey.com!
Here are more cocktails to try!
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #savoredsips – We love seeing your creations on Instagram!
This fruity and refreshing beverage isn’t overly sweet thanks to the natural tartness of the cherries and fresh lime juice. A touch of honey adds just the right amount of sweetness to balance out the more tart flavors, while fresh mint adds a bright note to bring it all together.
- 2 cups dark cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, washed and torn
- 2 cups club soda
- 4 oz gin
- Combine cherries, honey, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly and the cherries release their juices.
- Remove from heat. Transfer the cherry mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a pitcher and let cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Add gin, lime juice and mint leaves.
- Fill four glasses with ice then top with ¼ cup cherry puree and ½ cup club soda.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g