These Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels make the perfect party appetizer – flour tortillas rolled up with cream cheese, chicken, bacon, and Ranch dressing mix inside.
>> Also try this Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball and these Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers.
No one can resist these pinwheels. Whenever I make them, they’re gone in a matter of minutes. They make a great finger food because their so easy to pick up and eat. You end up popping more into your mouth than you thought you would.
I’ve seen these pinwheels also being called crack chicken pinwheels, because they use all the same ingredients as the uber popular crack chicken dip you can make in the Instant Pot. The filling is made with cream cheese, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, little bits of chicken and dry Ranch dressing powder.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make these chicken bacon ranch pinwheels.
- Cream cheese – Make sure you take it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before working with it so it’s softened
- Shredded cheddar cheese – I prefer to shred my own cheese from a block, but you can use pre-shredded if it’s easier for you. Mix it up a little by using Monterey jack or Mexican cheese blend.
- Chicken breast – Cook and chop the chicken into small pieces. This is a great use for left over chicken or a rotisserie chicken.
- Bacon – A couple of strips of well cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Green onions – I prefer to use green onions in a recipe like this because raw onions are so overpowering.
- Ranch dressing mix – A single packet of dry mix is enough. You can also buy Ranch powder in a larger quantity. I use it for so many things!
- Flour tortillas – Large 8-10″ flour tortillas are best. I just cut off about 1/2-1″ on the sides to square them up a bit. You could also use lavash wraps, which are square so you don’t have to cut off any of the sides. If you’re not worried about appearances, it’s really not necessary to cut any off.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chicken, bacon, green onion, and Ranch dressing mix in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
Cut about 1 inch off the ends of the tortillas to square them up a little bit. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly between the tortillas, making sure to spread all the way around the edges.
Roll the tortillas tightly and press to secure the ends. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Alternatives & Suggestions
There are a lot of ways you can change up these pinwheels to make a bunch of different kinds at once, or to just change up your standard appetizer once in a while.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Use a spinach or tomato wrap, mixing all three colors is great for a Christmas party!
- Use a garlic & herb, chives, or jalapeno cream cheese instead of plain. In fact all the Philadephia flavors would be good.
- Use chorizo instead of bacon, or add a slice or two of Prosciutto before rolling.
Can You Make Pinwheels Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make these ahead by up to 2 days. When well wrapped, they don’t become soggy or lose their integrity for at least a couple of days. That also makes them a great snack or after school snack for your kids because you can make them and have them on hand for a few days.
Can They Be Frozen?
You can freeze these pinwheels. The ingredients will come right back to the right temperature after thawing for about 6 hours in the refrigerator. You can keep them frozen in the freezer, wrapped tightly to avoid freezer burn, for up to 2 months.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this post? We’d love for you to save it to your Pinterest board to share with others! FOLLOW US on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for more great recipes! If you made it, post a pic on Instagram and hashtag it #savoredsips
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry Ranch dressing mix
- 2 large flour tortillas
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chicken, bacon, green onion, and Ranch dressing mix in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Cut about 1 inch off the ends of the tortillas to square them up a little bit. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly between the tortillas, making sure to spread all the way around the edges.
- Roll the tortillas tightly and press to secure the ends. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Pin it for later!
Laura is the founder and editor of the travel blogs Savored Sips and Savored Journeys. She is dedicated to sharing the best information about drinks found around the world.