Want to Write for Savored Sips?
Are you a travel, food or drinks blogger looking to expand your writing portfolio by writing for our drinks blog? We know what it’s like to be just starting out and wanting to get your name out there. If you have a “drinks” idea you’d like to write about, we’d love to hear from you.
Important Note: This opportunity is for travel/food/drink bloggers and aspiring travel writers only. If you are a for-profit, business or affiliate site, please contact us for our guidelines for sponsored content.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A GUEST POST
At Savored Sips, we focus on providing practical, useful and exciting information about drinks around the world. We focus primarily on what the world drinks – think unique liqueurs, cocktails, and non-alcoholic drinks that are specific to a certain destination – like Ratafia in France, Horchata in Spain, Mojitos in Cuba.
We expect all guest posts to be:
- 100% Unique and Never Published Before. We do not accept content that has previously been published on another site. The content must be 100% new and unique and pass a plagiarism test.
- In line with our voice and mission. We expect you to know the type of things we write about. We don’t accept posts or pitch ideas that are not in line with our voice and mission.
- Incredibly informative. Pack your post full of useful information – not what you can already find on the internet for the subject. If you don’t know the subject well enough to write useful content – don’t write about it.
- Relevant to our readers. We’re looking for information that is useful to our readers, not something that is unattainable by them.
- Well written. If you can’t take the time to properly edit your content, we certainly don’t want to feature it on our site, so please be sure to edit.
GUEST POST GUIDELINES
If we accept your pitch, these are the guidelines we will ask you to follow. Please note that we will make any edits that we deem necessary before publishing your post on our site. We also reserve the right to refuse any guest post due to poor grammar or writing.
- At least 1,000 words. At the bare minimum, your post must be 1k words. Our posts typically reach the 2k mark, in order to provide incredible value to our readers. We expect your post to do the same.
- Include at least 2 photos to illustrate your post. Please include at least 2 high-res photos (at least 800px wide). Your photos should match the content of the post and be visually appealing. If you don’t have your own photos, we will accept creative commons photos with proper attribution. You must send us the URL where you found the photo and the photo credit information.
- No more than 2 links to your site. We will place one link to your homepage in the author bio section, and you may include one additional link to your content inside the body of the post. We are also happy to link to your social media.
- Include relevant links to other sites. If you list a bar/restaurant in your post, please include a link to their website. We also appreciate when you take the time to link to other relevant posts inside Savored Sips.
- A short bio about yourself. Our readers want to be introduced to you before they dive into your amazing post, so give them a little bio with some context about who you are. If you’d like, please also send us a head shot to include in the author section.
We reserve the right to add affiliate links, additional internal and external links, as well as adjust the title, headings and/or content slightly to include well-researched and high-performing keywords.
SEND US A PITCH!
Have an idea? We want to hear it! Use the form below to send us a pitch with your idea.
Note: if you’re looking for do-follow links back to a niche or for-profit website, we won’t accept it. This opportunity is for bloggers, writers, and regular folks only.
We will not accept pitches for content that we already feature on Savored Sips, so be sure to check our archives before creating your pitch. We also recommend that you read a few of our most recent posts to get an idea of the format and tone of our content.
If you can’t think of a topic, may we suggest contributing to our series called “What (or Where) to Drink in XX”. Previous posts have included 15 Drinks to Try in South America and Where to Drink Gin in London.