Hot Buttered Rum
The rich buttery flavor mixed with the spices and warming rum... it's the perfect winter elixir.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 4 drinks
For the butter mix (makes 4 servings)
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the cocktail (makes 1 cocktail)
- 2 tbsp butter mix
- 1 1/2 oz dark rum
- 6 oz boiling water
- Orange zest
- Ground nutmeg
- Cinnamon stick
Put all of the butter mix ingredients in a bowl and mix together well.
To make one drink, place 2 tbsp of the butter mix into a mug, pour over the rum, add the boiling water and stir well. Top with desired garnish. Serve.
- The butter mix will keep in a container in the refrigerator for at least a week.
- You can make the butter mix ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Substitute another dark liquor for rum, if desired.